About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Someone's been getting her scraps on!

What is this? Yet ANOTHER blog post to show some newly created layouts? Yes! I can't believe it either. I came to the serious realization that I need to USE some of my scrappy stuff and try to dwindle down my ever-growing stack of kits. So, I've been inspired to do a little more scrapping than usual. :)

First up, another layout using my sister's kit from Sketch Inspiration. I know she's my sister and all, and I might be a little biased, but really...her sketches are awesome, and the kits she puts together are great!

This one was inspired by a Valerie Salmon sketch. This is from our last night in Chicago. We took an AWESOME fireworks cruise from Chicago Cruise Lines and had a blast!


I've decided that if I ever want to document our Chicago trip, then I have to start making some photo collages. So, that's just what I did on the layout below. We have over 1,000 pictures from that trip. That's right....over 1,000 from just a 3-day trip. Oh, the curse of being a scrapper.

I wanted to include a lot of these fun shots, so I decided I would make an individual page for each girl who went on the trip. On these pages, I'm going to include some adjectives that describe each girl...along with her full name and city/state. After using Photoshop to turn all the pictures but 1 to grayscale, I made the collages at Big Huge Labs. First up is Jenn. Oh, how I love this girl! :)



I've got 3 more collages made...need to make some more tonight. I'll post more soon! :)

No comments: