Tuesday, March 29, 2011
The ABCs of Me - Letter F
It's been a while since I did one of the "ABCs of Me" posts, but I still want to get through the whole alphabet this year. So, here I am with letter "F."
1. Family - Anyone who knows me knows that I am a family-oriented person. I LOVE my family. I am so incredibly blessed that God has entrusted my husband and I with two of the coolest little boys on the planet. A lot of moms my age are always complaining that they "just need to get away from their kids for a while." Now don't get me wrong...sometimes a break is VERY much needed...but I pretty much want my kids with me at all times. I want to experience life with them, and them with me. I want to share things with them and show them the world. I want to be right there beside them, holding their hands and having those moments together. We are so blessed to live in the same town as both sides of our families. Family is a BIG part of our lives.
2. Faith - I'd be nothing without faith in my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ. I was raised in and around church all my life, but I asked the Lord into my heart "officially" sometime around the age of 7 or 8. My mom baptized me. I don't only see Faith as something to rely on during the hard times. It's a way of life. Faith has equipped me to stand my grounds when it comes to morals and values, even when those around me fall. I don't see it as a "religion".....but more of a "relationship."
3. Flute - I began playing the flute in the 6th grade. When joining band class, we were told to write down our top 3 choices of instruments we may want to play. I put down: 1) Clarinet; 2) Percussion; or 3) Flute. The band directors recommended me for flute or clarinet but really tried to persuade me to play flute. I didn't really want to, but I decided on flute because all of my friends had decided on flute. Little did I know how much I'd love this instrument. I learned quickly, and I was First Chair Flute all 4 years of high school. I competed in State Solo & Ensemble several years as well. I even got to play a solo on the Grand Ol' Opry stage in Nashville! I loved playing flute....but I haven't even picked it up in about 12 years. :( Thankfully, though, my little sister played my flute in high school once I was done with it, and now it has been passed on to my niece. :)
4. Facebook - I'll admit it. I'm an addict. I check it every day. Several times a day. Several, SEVERAL times a day. I'm not one of those who treats FB as a diary and updates my status 13423413489349871294 times a day about every little thing I do.....in fact, I only occasionally post a status update. But I do enjoy keeping up with people through FB. :)
5. Friends - Oh, come on. Who didn't love Friends? If you were alive in the 90s, chances are you watched this show. And who didn't go to their nearest beautician and get "The Rachel?" I totally had "The Rachel" haircut in high school. I cut off about 10 inches of my hair JUST to get "The Rachel." And it sucked...because it never quite looked right on me like it did on her! Isn't that always the case, though, when we try to copy the celebs? Lesson learned. But I truly loved (and still do LOVE) this show. Best.Casting.Ever.
6. Flavored Coffee - Ohhh, how I love flavored coffee. Not a big fan of "regular" coffee...but I love flavored coffee or regular coffee with flavored creamer. I'm not picky....I pretty much love any flavor. And the smell...ohhhh the smell. Mmmmmmmm. French vanilla, cinnamon, dark chocolate, caramel.....good stuff.