About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Scrappy Sunday

Hello everyone!
I have been at my son's overnight baseball tournament all weekend, and I am WORN.OUT. Being in the sun/heat all day really wears me out....but we are home now. :)

I've done a little extra scrapping this past week, other than my usual monthly assignments for The Scrap Room. I used some leftovers from a previous kit and a sketch by the talented Susan Stringfellow and came up with this layout:


If you're like me, the LAST thing you want to be thinking about right now is school, but I needed to get this photo scrapped and put away in the album.

Here is my journaling:
Oh, my heart...my babies are both starting school today. They are excited, but I feel like crying. Hurry up, 3:15 pm! -Mommy

Do you feel like that when the 1st day of school rolls around, or are you thrilled that the house is quiet again as the kids start back? It's always sad for me. I hate letting go. I just love having my boys here at home with me. Yes, they get annoying and the summertime "I'm bored" chant is irritating, but....I'd much rather have them at home with me than at school all day long.

July is halfway over, and it will be back-to-school time before we know it. *sniff

3 comments:

Stacy Killion said...

I feel exactly the same way that you do, Jenny! I love having my boys home with me!

Tamika said...

They're so cute Jennifer and nice layout. You're so lucky to have gotten your scrap ON! I tried but only resulted in a layout with no pictures??? LOL!!

Angela said...

Hi Jennifer. I just love your scrapbook layouts - so much so that I added you to my Top 10 Tuesday post. If you're interested you can check it out at: owlcraftstudio.com/2012/07/top-10-tuesday.html Thanks for inspiring me!