About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Monday, February 21, 2011

The ABCs of Me - Letter E

I'm back with another "ABCs of Me" post! (finally!) This time, I'm on letter E.

Here's what I have:



1. Evan - My first-born. :) I never knew the depths of motherly love until Evan came along. And my heart is still filled to the brim, overflowing with love for this boy. He's amazing. So very, very smart and studious. The most gorgeous eyelashes in the world....women would kill for his eyelashes. They curl back and touch his eyelids, and they are super long and dark. People (especially women) comment on them ALL.THE.TIME. He's got a stubborn streak...but with two stubborn parents, of course he does. He's got never-ending amounts of energy...that's probably why he's so skinny and already has a six-pack. ;) He is growing like a weed. Can't keep pants that fit because he wears them one time, and then they are too short on him. He's going to be tall like his daddy. He's an awesome example to his peers. He's unashamed to share his faith with others...but he does so in a quiet, respectful manner that makes people WANT to learn more about God. I love that about him. He's got the most contagious laughter. On the first day of school this past year, both of his teachers told us that if they could clone any student, it would be him. And this is just after having him in their class for one day. Yes, I am bragging...because this boy just makes me so darn proud.

2. Every Day Minerals - I love this makeup! Especially the Base/Pressed Powder. I used to wear liquid base, and I never ever could find the right color for my skin tone...and I hated how "caked on" it felt. Every Day Minerals has all natural ingredients, and you can't even feel it. They have great eyeshadows and cheek colors too!

3. Encino Man - For the life of me, I do not know why, but over the course of one summer in my early teen years, I watched this movie at least 15 times. At least. I loved Pauly Shore and thought he was so funny in this movie. Some of my friends even called me "Weasel" because of my obsession for this movie and because I quoted it all the time. Stupid really. But, everyone has their stupid teen years, I suppose. lol So don't harsh my gig, corn cruster.

4. Erasers - My older sister and I collected shaped erasers when we were kids. I guess that's as cool as it go back in the 80s. We had all kinds of shapes/themes....everything from hamburgers to Smurfs. Sad thing is....we still have this collection at my parents' house, and our kids love playing with our erasers!

5. Eighties Party - I'm not ashamed to admit it...I LOVE THE 80S!! The music - OHHHH the music - so great. The hair - so big. The clothes - not so cool, but hey...we didn't know any better! My husband and I and a group of our friends thought it would be cool one night to host an "80s Party." We all went to Goodwill and found some great 80s clothes and dressed up. Yes, folks, my hair is CRIMPED in this picture. And yes, I have awesome lace gloves on. I wish you could see my boots I got at Goodwill in this picture. The ugliest boots I've ever seen...but oh so 80s! And someone apparently reallllllly loved them because they were very well-worn. We had some totally rad 80s music playing. Combos, Reeces Pieces, and Coke in a bottle for snacks. An original Atari gaming system (yes, I still have it) hooked up to the TV for everyone to play. A tacky TACKY shiny pink backdrop hung in the corner of our living room for pictures. Michael Jackson, Rick Springfield, Journey, and Genesis albums (yes, albums...not CDs) hung on the walls of our dining room. My husband wore penny loafers and did the famous "tuck & roll" on the legs of his pants. I went for a more "punk" look with my Cindy Lauper-inspired outfit. My older sister wore a HIDEOUS prom dress from the 80s (hello puffy sleeves!). Someone had a Swatch Watch. The blue and pink eyeshadow was abundant, and the hair was BIG. It was awesome. Gotta do that again some time.

6. ER - One of my most favorite shows ever. But I didn't watch back in the Clooney days....I started watching whenever Dr. Carter was the main character and then so forth. Abby, Dr. Carter, Dr. Kovach, Archie, Sam, etc. And then when John Stamos joined the cast....oh yeah. Hubby and I watched this show faithfully until its demise. I hated to see the show end....and there will never be a hospital-based show like it again, no matter how hard they try.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I graduated from high school in the mid 80's. I remember all of those things too!!! LOL The punk look, the preppy look, pinned pants, the feathered hair (that was me!) Miami Vice. LOVE Genesis, Journey!!! I remember when the CD player came out in the early 80's. Those were the days!!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

i learn something new about you with every letter!!! so glad you are doing this!!