About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

To All The Mamas

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!

My Mother's Day started off GREAT. I awoke to the sounds of pots and pans banging around in the kitchen as my husband tried to prepare my breakfast, followed by the giggles and whispers of two little boys trying to stay quiet for me to "sleep in" a bit. Aaron, being almost 3 years old, doesn't quite grasp the concept of "quiet" yet. He would spontaneously burst into song or speak in that one volume that all toddlers seem to have.

Once they realized I was awake, they brought me coffee (just the perfect amount of cream and sugar, honey, thank you!), triple berry muffins, and presents. Van and Aaron got me a very sweet card and a new cell phone with a new texting plan! Yay, I can finally join the world of texting! :) Evan made me a whole ton of stuff at school. A beautiful handprints poem, a laminated picture of his silhouette, a flower pot and flower, a gorgeous card that I know he spent a lot of time on, and a "certificate of appreciation."

And one more thing...2 beaded necklaces; one purple and one green. Why, you may ask? Well, he proceeded to tell me that his teacher had a treasure chest full of necklaces, and each kid got to pick out two. Most of them picked out what colors they liked and wanted for themselves. Evan, knowing my two favorite colors, picked out green and purple just for me. Isn't that the sweetest?!

I gave them each a hug and a kiss, and I told my boys, "Thank you for making me a mommy"...to which Evan replied, "Well, GOD is the one who made you a mommy." :) How true that is, and how thankful I am that He made me a mommy!

Here is a picture of my goodies:


After a wonderful church service and lunch out with my family, I am now home. I was thinking this morning as I was getting ready for church just how important mothers are. I have been so blessed to have several amazing ladies in my life. It's sad to think what it would be like without them. So many moms feel "overlooked"....like what they do isn't all that important. Let me tell you...that is NOT true. Moms, you have the most important job in the world! You are important...you make a difference...and blessed is the home where the mother is the heartbeat of the family! This is for you:

-For every night you've spent up with a sick child or calming the fears of a child who had a bad dream and is scared....thank you, for you have shown that child the nurturing, safety, and comfort that can only come from a mama.

-For every scraped knee or boo-boo you've kissed to "make it all better"....thank you, for you have healed not only an owie, but the very heart of a child.

-For every load of laundry you've done and every piece of clothing you've ironed...thank you, for you have made your child beautifully presentable and gave them the self-confidence to feel better about themselves and know that they are well cared for.

-For every meal you've cooked, whether it be a 5-course gourmet meal or simply heating up frozen chicken nuggets and a can of corn...thank you, for you have nourished the body of a child.

-For every book you've read or story you've told, even when you don't think they are paying attention...thank you, for you have enriched your child's vocabulary and given them a thirst for knowledge.

-For every prayer you've said for them or with them...thank you, for you have taught them right by bringing them up to love God and believing that He hears you, and you have covered them with the protection that only our Lord can give.

-For every tear you've wiped from their eyes...thank you, for you have shown and taught compassion.

-For every birthday party you have given...thank you, for you have given them joy and childhood memories that they will never forget.

-For every school function or extracurricular activity you have attended...thank you, for you have shown your child that you care enough about him to be involved his life.

-For every board game or outside activity you've played with your child...thank you, for you have given them incredible joy and have taught them to stay young, have fun, and enjoy the little things in life.

-For every snotty nose you've ever wiped, for every dirty diaper you've ever changed, for every incident of spit up or vomit that you've had to endure, and for every cup of spilled juice you've cleaned up...thank you, for you have shown what unconditional love is really all about.

Happy Mother's Day...you are important, you are appreciated, and you are loved!

5 comments:

Katt said...

Thank You Jenny! I needed that today!
((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

You deserved every thing that you got for Mother's Day, Your family is blessed to have such a wonderful wife and beautiful mother. The words above touched my heart. I didn't get the presents that you received (bc I have a 15 month old) but I got to dress my dd up in a tutu and I was able to take pictures of her having fun in the grass today. Even though I had to do some work around the house today I still appreciate mother's day bc I got to spend time with the two people who made me a mother and that's what counts. Thank you and have Blessed Mother's Day.

Trisha said...

Thank you, Jenny. This means so much to me - as do you. I love you sister.

JeNn said...

Awww, Thanks Jenny! Those are beautiful words. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day today. Love all those goodies you got from your family> :0)

Rosemary said...

Jenny, this is just beautiful. I hope more 'moms', that you can every imagine, read this. How sweet to read of you special Mother's Day...