About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Evan!

OH my heavens! My Evan is seven! (say THAT three times real fast!)

It's true...my baby turns 7 years old today. *sniff sniff I know it sounds cliche, but man, I just can't believe it. Time really does fly.

Evan was born by Cesarean section on August 8, 2002, at 6:35 p.m. I'll never forget the first time I got to hold him. It was hours after the surgery, and I was still pretty heavily sedated, but I remember looking down at him and seeing this beautiful little angelic face and feeling for the first time....that my life truly had purpose. I was a mom. The most rewarding, yet the most challenging title I could ever have. But I was so thankful and so smitten with this beautiful baby boy in my arms.

Over the past 7 years, I have grown to love this little boy even more than those first precious hours with him. Evan is such a smart boy. He loves being outside and loves learning. He loves art like his daddy. He loves playing games. He's got rhythm. He's got an amazing memory. He's got long, curled eyelashes that most women would pay money for. He's a great big brother. He's super silly at times. He can do the most hilarious dances. He's compassionate and very sensitive. He's my son. And I love him so incredibly much.

Happy Birthday, my sweet Evan James. May today find you filled with joy and surrounded by those who love you and celebrate your life, today and every day.

Here is a video my husband made shortly after Evan was born. I watch it every year on Evan's birthday. And cry...........every single time.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Evan. Love the video you husband made. Enjoy your day with your boy!

erin said...

Oh wow - I can see why the tears flow!
Happy Birthday, Evan!

JeNn said...

Awww Jenny! That video made me cry! That is so cool you watch that every year! Happy, happy birthday to Evan! Hope he had a wonderful day! :0)

Trisha said...

Yep, I'm all sappy here too. I love you big, sweet nephew.