Whew, it's been over a week since I blogged! You know all those fun holiday things going on just really take up a lot of time! Let's see...here are some things that have happened since I last blogged:
1. We had our Christmas program at preschool. During practice, one of the kids threw up on stage, so that was exciting. We had a song where all the kids were going to get to use little "jingle bells" to shake, but that ended up being totally chaotic, so at the last minute, the jingle bells were all taken away and only the teachers used them. Aaron had his heart set on getting to use one of those and was heartbroken to find that he wasn't going to get to because of the way other kids were acting with them.....so he refused to sing for the whole program. He knows all the words and sings all the songs at home...but he just stood there on stage. Didn't act bad or pout...just stood there. Not a word was sung by him. LOL
2. The preschool Christmas party was last week. I received some sweet gifts from some of my students, and the kids had a great party. Aaron got to meet Santa and sit in his lap to get a picture taken with him. Cute, cute! After the party, I went out to eat with the other teachers. It was really nice.
3. Evan's class party was last Thursday. I got to help with that and was in charge of the craft (go figure). We made cute little foam snowman ornaments, and the kids really seemed to enjoy it. Evan came home with a big sack full of nice little goodies from his classmates and teachers. I love seeing all the little Christmas projects he's been doing at school. Definitely keeping some of them for the scrapbook!
4. On Thursday night, Evan had a Dual Language program in his school's library. This is his first year in the Dual Language program, and I am just amazed by how quickly he is learning it. He goes to regular English classes with one teacher for a week and then to a Spanish class with a Spanish-speaking teacher for the next week. He has picked it up so quickly that he was chosen out of all the 1st graders in the program to read a story in Spanish at this program. He read the whole Rudolph story in Spanish (and the other kids would repeat the sentences after he read them), and he never missed a beat. He reads Spanish faster than I can even pretend to read it. His pronunciation is amazing! I was so proud of him that when he first started reading the story, my eyes welled up with tears! They read the story and sang a few songs both in Spanish and English. My nephew, Austin, is also in this program as a kindergartner and is doing a FANTASTIC job as well!
5. Friday night, we had our church's leadership Christmas party. Yummy food, great gifts, and good friends...I'm so blessed to have such a great church family. :)
6. This morning, Evan had art class at his daddy's work. They made some very cute paintings that I will display proudly on my fridge until it's time for them to go in the scrapbook.
7. This afternoon, Evan went on his very first deer hunting trip with my dad. Dad loaded up Evan and Austin and headed to the deer lease with a backpack full of snacks and activities to keep them quiet. In Dad's exact words, "It was like trying to take 2 little puppies to church." LOL I received a picture message on my phone right at sunset that showed both boys holding up the antlers on the head of a 9-point buck that Dad shot. Not too bad! ;)
And so there you have it....a brief update on all that's been going on for the last week, and thus the reason why I haven't been blogging until now. I wanted to upload a cute little picture to go with each paragraph, but frankly I'm just too tired to mess with it tonight. We've got our church play (Evan is a wiseman, and Aaron is a donkey...so fitting), Church luncheon/gift exchange, and a birthday party to go to tomorrow, and then we're going to attempt to finish up shopping on Monday out of town. Wow...December is so crazy!!!