About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm Still Alive!

Wow, I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks. I guess I can blame it on springtime! The weather has been beautiful, so we've spent a lot of time outdoors...playing in the backyard, doing yardwork, cleaning out things, etc. Plus, Evan is smack dab in the middle of his baseball season, so between games and practices, it doesn't leave much free time.

Also, I've started the Couch to 5k Plan. I started the day after my birthday and, surprisingly, I've kept up with it and am currently about to start Week 3! :) For now, I'm doing the running plan on my treadmill. I still don't have enough courage to run on a track in front of people yet. I hate when you pass someone on a track and sound like a cow trying to breathe as you pass by. So....I'm working on that...slowly but surely. Everything is going fine with the plan, and I am surprised that I've been able to keep up with it so far. The only problem I'm having is horrible shin pain! Maybe it's my shoes, maybe it's dehydration, maybe it's not stretching good enough...maybe it's a combo of all those things????

Annnnnd in other news, the biggie: Van has resigned as Administrator of the Fine Arts Center here in town. In May, he will become the manager of a Screenprinting/Embroidery/Graphic Design place here. This is a HUGE change for us, and change is usually always scary...but we are believing that God led us to this and it will be a blessing for our family.

Anyway, I've managed to get a few layouts done in the couple of weeks that I haven't blogged. I've done these, plus my May reveal layouts for The Scrap Room, but I can't show those just yet! ;)

This first one is based on a sketch from my sister's awesome sketch site, Sketch Inspiration:



This second one was scraplifted from the same sister. ;)



This is a quick one I put together this afternoon. I was feeling like doing something summer-ish, so the bright colors and pool pics made me happy:



And, last but not least, my little guy on his birthday last year. Next month, he will be turning FOUR YEARS OLD!!!! I can't believe it. This was based on a sketch by Aphra Bolyer:



Thanks for looking!!!!!

No comments: