About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Home Decor for The Scrap Room

Oh dear...what a Monday! We started off the morning with my youngest son running in the living room and falling on the end table, resulting in about a 2-inch straight cut on his forehead. I thought I might need to take him to the ER for some stitches, but after a call to my mom (who works at the hospital and talked to a nurse), it was decided that I could just put some peroxide on the wound and then close it with some Liquid Bandaid and some Steri-Strips. Ugh. No mama likes to see blood from her kid! :(

Anyway, got the head wound under control....now I'm just praying it doesn't leave a big scar on my beautiful boy's face.

Moving along....

I'm going to share a couple of home decor projects I made this month using the June kit from The Scrap Room. First up is an altered picture frame. I bought the wooden frame for $1 at JoAnn's and covered it with some of the paper from the June kit. I then made a felt flower to add to the bottom corner. I printed off a "Keep Calm & Carry On" print and put it in the frame. Easy peasy!



Next up is a little wooden star I created. I got the star at Michael's and Mod Podged some patterned papers on it. Soooo easy, and I like the way it turned out!



Be watching The Scrap Room blog for a more detailed post on how to create the altered picture frame.

Thanks for taking a look....and remember: I LOVE comments! hehehe

2 comments:

Kelly said...

hope your little one is feeling better. Our little guy (4 at the time) fell inside a bank and hit his head on desk and had to get 8 stitches. He was such a trooper! Love these cute little decorative projects!

Tamika said...

I know your heart must have been racing. On my dd 5th birthday 15 minutes before guest were to arrive my ds split his chin on the patio umbrella stand. I did the same thing your mom recommended. But I felt so bad, using Neosporin later minimized the scaring you can barely tell!