About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Recipe #5 - Another Good One! :)


This past week, I tried out another new recipe. This is #5 for me this year....halfway to my goal of trying out 10 new recipes for 2010. Yay! :)

I found this one on the Pillsbury website. They've got a lot of good, easy recipes. I can't wait to try out some of their baked goods...they all look so yummy! This was a breeze to make, and my family loved it.


My little sister ate with us when I made this, so it fed my family of 4, plus my sister, plus I had 2 servings left over. I had my hubby take these 2 extra servings to his grandparents' house so that they could have lunch the next day. We had Van's uncle's funeral on Thursday, so I wanted to give Van's grandmother a break from having to worry about a meal.

Here ya go!

Crescent-topped Burger Bake:

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
3 cups frozen seasoned chunky-style hash-brown potatoes (from 28-oz. pkg.)
1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables
2 (12-oz.) jars beef gravy
1 (8-oz.) can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In 12-inch skillet or Dutch oven, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
2. Add potatoes, mixed vegetables and gravy; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Spoon hot beef and vegetable mixture into ungreased 2 1/2 to 3-quart shallow casserole or 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish. Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles. Place triangles over hot mixture with points in center and wide ends around outer edge of casserole.
4. Bake at 375°F. for 14 to 17 minutes or until crescents are golden brown and mixture is bubbly around edge.

This is a great, home-cooked tasting, hearty, fill-you-up meal. Another great thing about it is...you don't necessarily have to make any side dishes or anything to go with it since it contains so many veggies, meat, and bread. Enjoy!

(P.S. - I'd love to answer your questions! Please see the "ask me anything" box on the right-hand side of my blog. Simply type in your question(s) and hit send...you can send them anonymously or let yourself be known. To see my answers, click here: Jenny's Formspring Page)