About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Break Sleepover!



Wow....what a night!  For the second year in a row, my hubby hosted a "Spring Break Sleepover" at our house for our niece, nephew, and boys.  My niece and nephew came over around 7:30, and the fun began!  Hubby had it all planned out with games and contests and fun things for the kiddos to do.  He made a giant dice that they would roll, and then whatever number it landed on, that would be the game or event they got to play next.  We did things such as:
  • Dance Party in the living room (always fun!)
  • A fun game of "Don't Make Me Laugh" (hysterical!!)
  • Popcorn, juice, and a couple episodes of Loony Tunes
  • MarioKart on the Gamecube
  • Hide & Seek
  • Tent City in the living room (my WHOLE living room is full of tents and tunnels!)
  • Breakfast by Uncle Van 
So much fun!  The kids had a blast and finally went to sleep late last night.  I think it's so sweet that my husband puts so much thought into making this a fun thing for the kids.  They will hopefully always have lots of fun memories from this little tradition. :)

The only problem was when that sweet hubby of mine burned a whole bag of popcorn and stunk up the whole house!!!  OMG, is anything worse than burnt popcorn?!?!  Seriously....there was smoke billowing out of my microwave...it was BAD.  We had to open up doors and windows and turn on every fan in the house to try and get rid of the smell.  It's still not all the way gone...it's making me gag!  Oh well, lesson learned....he'll read the instructions on the back of the bag and not leave the microwave unattended next time.  Right, honey?  ;)

The house is quiet now as my niece and nephew have gone home and my little guys are about to eat lunch.  There are still 2 or 3 tents in my living room, but they will be put away by the end of the day as well.  Spring Break started today, but it's cloudy and cold outside, so we will have to find something to do to entertain ourselves.  But for now, we will recoup from last night and take it easy.



1 comment:

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

how much fun! great pix too! and yes, i don't doubt for a second.....they will have tons of fun memories!