About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Update and Recipe #3

Whew! What a crazy month February has been already! We took Aaron to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and discovered that he had double ear infections. That's always fun. While we were there, we also got the doc to check on Evan as he had a little bit of a cough and congestion too. The doc said Evan just had a cold, so he sent us home with nothing. This was all on a Monday. Well, the following Saturday, we took Evan back in.....and let me remind you that we live a whole hour away from our pediatrician's office....and found out that he, too, had double ear infections. Ugh!

So, after 10 days of antibiotics for both boys, they are finally getting well. Aaron has finished his, but Evan still has a few days left. This past Wednesday, I came down with a horrible cold myself. Sinus congestion like never before....horrible. I'm finally starting to get better.

Yesterday, the public schools here were canceled due to the snow. This is Texas, and we hardly ever get snow...but this year, we've had lots of it. And I am sooooo over it. We took the boys out for a bit yesterday to play in the yard and make a snowman. Got some cute pics. :)

I tried a new recipe yesterday as well, and it was a hit!! Everyone loved it. Yay! I got the recipe from my mother-in-law. It was super easy and totally yummy. Here it is if you'd like to try it:

Recipe #3
Crock Pot Enchiladas
-2 lbs ground meat
-1 cup onions
Brown & drain
... See More
Mix together in crock pot:
-2 cans cheddar soup
-1 can cream of mushroom soup
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 can Old El Paso enchilada sauce
-1 can chopped green chilies

Then mix in meat/onions. Cook low 6-8 hrs or high 4-5 hrs. In the last hour, add 12 corn tortillas torn into pieces and stir.



Easy peasy! :) I served mine with shredded cheese on top and Tostitos Scoops. The boys actually loved it, and I have enough for leftovers today...score! If you try this out, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

OH, and I saw today that a past fellow DT friend of mine from 52 sketches....52 weeks, Aphra, has partnered up with another lady is starting her own kit club! How exciting! They are having 17 days of giveaways on their new blog, so check it out! I wish them the best of luck with their new kit club:




The schools are shut again today, so I'm off to entertain some little boys and do some housework. Stay warm, everyone! :)

2 comments:

Aphra Bolyer said...

Hi Jenny! Love your new blog digs!!! And thanks for the recipe...I'll certainly be trying this one. I'm up for anything cooked in the crock pot. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Poppy!

lisa said...

grrrr...blogger ate my comment! Hope you are all 100% soon! Thought of you when I saw Dallas' 11 inches of snow on the news! Thanks for the heads up on the new kit/blog!