About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Blog Archive

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Weekend

Is it just me, or do weekends seem to just FLY right on by? They seem to go way faster than weekdays, that's for sure.

Saturday morning, Van and I took the boys swimming at the in-laws' house for a little while. Felt great...so refreshing as we have been in triple digits lately. Bleh.

Saturday night, we went to Evan's friend's birthday party out at the lake. The kids ate, swam, played on the water slide, and hit a pinata. Fun! :)

I have to mention that today is my good friend Roe's birthday!! Happy birthday, Roe! You are so special, and I'm so glad God brought you into my life. I am so blessed that I have gotten to "meet" you twice in person this summer...I will never forget our time together!

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. July is FULL of birthdays around here...my sister, my brother-in-law, my mom, my mother-in-law, Roe, and a couple of the kids' friends. Busy party month!

Today, we went to church (another great service) and then went out to eat with my family at a local restaurant and hung out with my parents for a while. Evan went home with Austin to play, and Aaron came home and got a nap. I did some transcription work while he was napping and then started a scrapbook page. When Evan got home, we all sat in the living room floor and played a Memory game together. The boys really love this show that used to come on Cartoon Network....The Mr. Men Show. Apparently, Mr. Men have been around for a while because hubby remembers reading the books when he was little. Anyway, I was at Big Lots the other day and found a Mr. Men Memory Game, so we bought it...they boys love it and have played it several times!

Right now, hubby is out grilling pork chops on the grill and the boys are playing together outside. I'm blogging but about to head outside myself. It's still soooooo stinkin' hot out there. Wish I had my own pool....

I think we will have S'mores for dessert...yeah, we will. :)

2 comments:

JeNn said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I had a great one too. Have a good week! :0)

erin said...

I love S'mores.
Now I want one...