About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Blog Archive

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Break

Well, today is the last day of Thanksgiving Break. We had a nice full week of no school, and Van was able to get 3 days of holiday time from work. Thanksgiving started on Wednesday afternoon for us. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Van's parent's house, along with his parents, brother and sister-in-law, grandparents, Uncle, Aunt, Cousin, and cousin's baby. Other than eating a glorious feast of delicious food, the majority of our time there was spent playing Beatles Rockband. Yes, this family knows how to rock...even Grandmamma.




For lunch on Thanksgiving Day, we went to my older sister's house to eat with her and her family, my mom (dad had to work), my grandpa, and our "adopted" family (The Lin Family from China). Soooo much food! But ohhhhhh so good! We came home for naps after lunch and then headed back over there for supper. Dad was able to be there for supper since he got off work at 3:00, so it felt complete then. :) After eating, the kids enjoyed wrestling in the floor with my dad, playing on the trampoline, and running around burning off all those Thanksgiving calories.



Somehow, I let my older sister talk me into getting up early on Friday morning and going Black Friday shopping with her in a town an hour away. Little sis was able to go too. I got a wake-up call at 3:15 a.m....yes, there IS a 3:15 a.m....from my sister, making sure I was up and getting ready. I had tossed and turned all night and had hardly slept at all, so I was up and quickly got ready to go. At 3:45 a.m...yes, there IS a 3:45 a.m....both of my sisters pulled up in big sister's SUV and looked entirely too well put together and happy for that early in the morning. I, on the other hand, had thrown on a hoodie and a ball cap, carelessly tossed on some makeup in the dark, and was not so eager to begin the day.

Our first stop was to Old Navy....I mean, how can you resist $5 fleece and $10 kids' jeans? That was the longest line we waited in, but Target was a close second. The end of the checkout line at Target was at the back of the store...I kid you not! Thankfully, we only had a few items and were able to go through the express checkout line....which was still a LOOONG line. We went to a few other places, and I think Trisha won the title of "Most Successful Shopper" for the day. I think she cut the circulation off of one of her arms while carrying her bags from the mall to her car.

We got back home, and hubby and the boys talked me into putting up the Christmas tree. So, we spent the rest of the afternoon getting Christmas decorations out and setting up the tree.

On Saturday, I was still feeling hungover from the previous day's events, but for some crazy reason, we decided to take the boys to Six Flags in Arlington. I had won some free tickets back in the summer, and they had to be used by the end of the year, so since the weather was gorgeous yesterday (73° and sunny), we decided we better go now or risk never getting to use those tickets. So, we loaded up the boys, picked up little sis and her boyfriend, and headed 2 hours away. We first went to my uncle's house in Ft. Worth for lunch and to visit for a while. Then, we all went to Toys 'R Us to do a little shopping. Little sis and her boyfriend entertained Evan and Aaron while Van and I did some Christmas shopping for them. After shopping and spending too much money, we were on our way to Six Flags Over Texas!

Six Flags was fun, but after going to Disney World this past summer, it seemed a little more lame than when I had gone in the past. Everything was just so much on a smaller scale than Disney. We had fun though. The boys even rode a few little roller coasters, and I rode The Titan. It was awesome! It's one of the 10 tallest roller coasters in the U.S., and that first big drop was such a rush! Aaron got to meet Bugs Bunny while Evan and I were in line for a ride. Aaron also met a couple of reindeer while the rest of us were in line for something else. Both boys got to meet Foghorn Leghorn (you know the chicken from all the good cartoons we used to watch when we were kids, back when they showed REAL cartoons). We finally made it home around midnight after everyone except for me and Van fell asleep in the car the second we left the park. We were all exhausted and glad to be home.



The boys and I stayed home from church this morning so that I could catch up on things around the house since being gone for the last 2 days. I'm on my 4th load of laundry right now, and Evan is driving me nuts about being bored while Aaron is taking a nap, so I guess that's enough blogging for me!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving break! Tomorrow, it's back to the ol' grind!

No comments: