About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The ABCs of Me - Letter B

I'm back with Letter B for my ABCs of Me challenge. I am having so much fun with these! If you missed my post about The ABCs of Me, please click here to read the details of what this is all about. :)

Here is Letter B for me: (click collage to see larger photos)



1. Bahamas - We honeymooned on a cruise to the Bahamas in 2000. It was the first time I had ever seen the ocean, and I loved it! I'll never forget the feeling when hubby and I were sitting in a lounge chair on the back deck as the cruise ship pulled away from the dock for the first time. Raggae music was playing, all the stress of the wedding and months of planning was over, we were newly married, the weather was perfect, we had a $4 bottle of Coca-Cola in our hands....and life was good.

2. Barbies - My older sister and I had a bazillion Barbie dolls and played Barbies for probably more than half our childhood. We used to store them all in HUGE suitcases, and I know we had at least 3 of those huge suitcases packed FULL of Barbies and Barbie stuff. One of my favorites was the "Dream Glow" Barbie and Ken. I got not one but TWO of these beautiful Barbie dolls for my birthday one year...kindergarten, I think. I gave one to my sister and kept one for myself. I don't remember when or where I got the matching Ken doll, but they were just a match made in heaven. I mean, his vest matched her dress....they were the perfect couple! We had a big closet with sliding doors. We would hold the dolls up to our ceiling fan light and then run and get in the closet and close the doors so that we could watch the stars on their clothes "magically" glow that beautiful Dream Glow.

3. Breckenridge - My home town! Both my husband and I were born and raised here. Our high school mascot is the Buckaroos. Go mean green! It's a quiet little town with not much to do...but it's home.

4. Boys - Never in my life did I ever think I'd be the mommy of a boy....yet alone TWO of them! Growing up with a mom and 2 sisters myself, our house was a home full of mood swings, makeup, hair stuff, nail polish, and PINK. My poor dad. I just naturally assumed it would always be that way since that was all I had ever known. So, to give birth to the first boy in the immediate family, it was quite an adjustment! And now to have a home with 2 rambunctious little boys...well, it's just downright fun. I've traded in the Barbies, Strawberry Shortcake dolls, and Carebears for Hot Wheels, Star Wars, and Mighty Beanz. And I wouldn't trade it for the world! ;)

5. Bay Windows - I have always...always...loved bay windows in a house! They just look so pretty and inviting. I especially like the ones that have a little padded bench seat underneath them. I have never lived in a home with a bay window...but one of these days!

6. Bon Jovi - I never get tired of listening to some good ol' Bon Jovi music! I guess it's the 80s in me. In April 2008, my older sister took me to a Bon Jovi/Daughtry concert for my birthday. OMG. It was awesome. We took this picture of him from where we were sitting. We captioned it: "He loves us thiiiiiiiiiis much!" LOL

7. Blog - Well, it's a given that I love to blog (if I didn't, you wouldn't be reading this right now, right?). I don't really remember why I starting blogging...I think it was just that all the other scrappy friends were doing it, so I started doing it to. hehehe I love it, though. I have gone back and read some of my previous posts, and if it wouldn't have been for me blogging about certain things, I would have forgotten a whole lotta stuff.

8. Baby Magic - Hands down, my favorite smell. I've scrapped about this before. A fresh, clean baby all lathered up in pink Baby Magic lotion...heaven! The original pink Baby Magic lotion just sends me into pure bliss. It has to be the original pink formula, though...not this stuff in the white bottle they have out now. I recently looked on eBay for this stuff because it has been discontinued and they no longer sell it in stores...some of it was going for $40 a bottle!!! Can you believe that?! Guess I'm not the only one who loves it!

4 comments:

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

oh jenny I am totally loving your abc's!!

VickieW♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VickieW♥ said...

opps sorry, I like your "B" list some of those are on my list as well.

erin said...

Baby Magic doesn't exist anymore?!?!? I haven't looked for it, but never noticed it gone. $40?!?!? Whoa!