Friday, January 14, 2011
The ABCs of Me - Letter C
I love that a few of you are also doing this ABCs of Me challenge! Thank you for playing along and for commenting on my blog posts.
Here's what I came up with for letter C:
1. Community - A favorite of ours on Thursday nights...NBC's "Community." Maybe it's because it reminds me of my days in our community college. Maybe it's the brilliant casting (Joel McHale, hello!). Maybe it's because I want a "Troy & Abed in the Mooooorning" coffee mug. Maybe it's because they have a cool opening theme song. Maybe it's because Senor Chang is hysterically funny. Whatever the reason, "Community" is a must-see. It keeps us laughing and quoting parts of the show over and over again! :)
2. Chicken Pox - I had a really bad case of Chicken Pox when I was around 2 years old. Bad. I have 2 scars up near my left eyebrow and a smaller one on my top lip from this. Darn the 80s and their lack of the Chicken Pox vaccine!
3. Chicago - Ah, yes....Chicago. I have blogged a bunch about Chicago, seeing as though I went there last June with my HYWWP gals for our annual summer get together. LOVED Chicago and the big city life! If I didn't have kids, I could totally live there. Lots of fun memories in Chicago from last summer. Deep dish pizza...'nuff said. What a beautiful, exciting city.
4. C-sections - Ugh. Not a subject I like to talk about much, but it's part of my "story," so that's why I'm including it here. I had to have a C-section with both boys. After over 24 hours of labor with both of them, both pregnancies ended up with a C-section. Not fun, I tell you. Not.Fun. I still remember the soreness I felt afterward. Owwwwwwwwwwwww. Labor and delivery wasn't anything like I had expected, but even with the disappointment of having to have 2 C-sections...the end results were well worth all the pain, of course. ;)
5. Chick Flicks - I'm not gonna lie. I love me a good chick flick. Titanic. The Notebook. You know the type. Laughing one minute, crying the next. A good movie that takes you through the roller coaster of emotions that we call womanhood. Lifetime Movie Channel = Chick Flick HEAVEN.
6. Cello - My favorite musical instrument. I love the way a cello sounds...especially the lower notes. So hauntingly beautiful. So emotional. If I had the ability to master any instrument out there, the cello would be it. I'm totally afraid to try it, though! Stringed instruments require you to build tough fingertips...like calluses. Ew! I know this because my husband is a guitarist. I just don't want calluses on my fingertips. LOL
**be back with letter D soon!** Thanks for reading! :)