About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. I'm a small town Texas girl, born again Christian, mommy to 2 beautiful boys, wife to my high school sweetheart, scrapbook supply junkie, and occasional paper sniffer. :) Here you will find bits and pieces of my scrapbooking projects, daily thoughts, and just general randomness. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Friday, January 21, 2011

The ABCs of Me - Letter D

I'm back with another ABCs of Me post! :) I hope you are enjoying reading these and are inspired to take the challenge yourself. I've had a lot of fun thinking up things from my past and remembering fun times whenever I'm searching for the current category.

So, without further ado...here is Letter D:



1. Dream Home - I wanted (and still do!) this home so bad, it was all I could think about for MONTHS. This was the 2009 HGTV Dream Home in Sonoma, California. Every year, HGTV gives away a "dream home" to a lucky participant. You can enter online or by mail, and I entered online EVERY.DAY. This home was so incredibly perfect for my family. All of the bedrooms are on the top floor, and the kids' room was already designed for 2 little boys. I mean...it was perfect. Wrap around porch, huge backyard with awesome patio furniture, a kitchen that would make even Paula Deen cry, a large family room, a downstairs office (hello, scrap room!!), the most gorgeous entry way. I can't tell you how many times I went to the HGTV site and played the video tour of this home. I was in love. Still am. I even saved the floor plans and printed everything out for when we can get an exact replica built for us. You know, when we become super rich and can do that.

2. Disney World - In the summer of 2009, my family and my sister's family were able to take a vacation to Disney World! I have always dreamed of visiting DW but never thought it would actually happen. To be able to take my children here and watch their faces as they experienced the true "magic" of this place...well, it's something I will never forget. It was such a fun vacation! I still have tons of photos from our trip that I haven't scrapped yet...but I love reliving the memories every time I get a page done. It truly is magical there!

3. Dr Pepper - My soft drink of choice. I love me some DP. When we went to Disney World, all they had was Coke and Coke products....no DP. It was torture! The first thing I did when we got back to the airport was buy a 20-oz. DP!!!

4. DVR - Seriously, what did we do before DVRs? My husband and I use ours ALL.THE.TIME. It seems that if we want to watch a "grown up" show, we have to wait until our kids are in bed so that we can actually hear and enjoy the show. If it wasn't for our DVR, that wouldn't be possible. I have about 20 or more recorded shows on there right now that need to be watched. We'll catch up one of these days.

5. Daisies - My favorite type of flower. They make me happy. :) I had daisies in my bridal bouquet...white and lavender ones. I even named my first (and only) chihuahua Daisy. I just love daisies!

6. Dodge Neon - The time was 1998. I had just graduated high school and needed reliable transportation to go back and forth to a junior college in a town an hour away. My sister needed someone to take over her car payments, and I had a bunch of graduation money saved up. So, voila! I "bought" the green Dodge Neon from my sister, and it became my very first car. No cruise control. No power windows or power locks. No CD player. But it was mine. I loved driving back home from college after a hard day and cranking the music up as loud as I wanted, singing along at the top of my lungs. Since I had no cruise control and it was pretty much all open Texas highway from college to home, sometimes I'd get a little too carried away in my music and look down to see my speedometer at 90 mph or more.....oops. My husband, who was trying to be super awesome one day back when he was just my "boyfriend," decided he would try to impress me by running up and jumping on top of my car. In doing so, he dented in the roof of my car. You could tell right where he landed....butt dent and hand dents. Let's just say...his "smoothness" is not what won me over....

4 comments:

LisiB said...

This is so interesting! I totally agree on the HGTV dream house. Since I live oversees, I am not even allowed to play for the house :(

Looking forward to seeing more of your scrappy stuff!!!!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

great journaling. you are a natural! great D's!

erin said...

Oh my goodness! I am sooo laughing at the picture of V doing his smooth move! Awesome!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

btw - i have a surprise on my blog for you!
http://thescrapbookspeedway.blogspot.com/2011/01/thrilling-thursday.html